6 oz bitter-sweet baking chocolate, coarsley chopped
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 c water
1/4 c sugar
2 Tbsp instant coffee/espresso powder
1/2 c light corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla
- Melt chocolate in microwave on MEDIUM
- Stir in oil when chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to boil and cook for 2-3 minutes to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat and stir in coffee.
- Combine warm melted chocolate with hot water mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a blender, add corn syrup, vanilla, and salt.
- Blend well.
- If using an ice cream maker - refrigerate until ready to freeze. Then follow your manufacturer's instructions.
- Otherwise, pour into a larger than sufficient tupperware container (you'll need room for stirring).
- Place in freezer for about an hour or so, remove and stir - be sure to scrape the sides and bottom where it will be more frozen. The idea is to avoid having a big frozen mocha frappuccino block (but, would that really be all that bad??).
- Repeat process of allowing to freeze for a while, then removing and stirring until the consistency is similar to a soft ice cream - or until you can't resist the temptation any longer!!