Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Spiral Diner & Bakery

Kenny and I had the pleasure of eating at a 100% vegan restaurant this weekend!! We ate at the Spiral Diner & Bakery in Fort Worth, TX. It was so delicious and quite affordable, too!!

I was so excited to be going to a restaurant where I had the freedom to order anything off the menu! We started with the Chip & Dip Party: great corn chips with salsa, guacamole, and hummus. I had the BBQ San'ich: chopped seitan (pronounced "SAY-tan" - yes, just like the Devil) doused in homemade BBQ sauce piled on toasted bread with pickles and onions & mayo (I 86-ed the last two). Kenny had the Red Coconut Curry Noodles. Sorry, I don't have the descriptors for his - I was too busy with my own plate!

For dessert, Kenny had a cookie sundae: chocolate chip cookie topped with chocolate ice cream. I had a piece of amazing chocolate cake (about the size of my head!) - it was so chocolately and moist!!! I'm still reeling over it!

Next time we're in DFW, we hope to have time for a visit to another vegan restaurant - the Cosmic Cafe in Oaklawn - we've heard from a couple of people that it is great!

Boy, does this make me miss DFW....no vegan restaurants to be found in the swamp!!

No comments:

Post a Comment